Date:      Sun, 22 Apr 2001 12:06:52 -0700
From:      "yarddog" <yarddog@sleeping-giants.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   tech help

Hello, I am completely new to FBSD. I am having a lot of problems installing
it. I bought the Power Pak yesterday with 10 CDs and a book. But, I cannot
get past installation. Is there a tech support phone number to call? I need
step by step help with this. I have a HP Pavilion 6635 with a Celeron 533, a
SMC EZ 10/1000 1211TX network card that the install won't recognize, a HP
M70 monitor that install won't recognize. I cannot get the network card to
work or the X configuration for the monitor to work. I am stuck. I have
tried to install this at least 11 times and even reinstalled Win98SE and
tried to install again. I have made BIOS changes. I think I tried every
thing. This is a very common computer and the hardware is mainstream so I
don't know if the hardware is the problem or not. I hope not.

Any ideas? I cannot get to step one.

Thanks.

Jim.