Date:      19 Mar 2002 19:58:33 -0500
From:      Oledog <oledog@diversetech.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3ware 6410 on 4.5 install problem !!!!!

I have purchased a 3ware 6410 IDE raid controller card.  I am running
the 6.9 firmware.  When I try to install FreeBSD 4.5 it fails with the
below data after the disk array is formatted and the install is started.

I have seen lots of info on the list regarding an Upgrade but what is
the procedure for a FRESH installation?  Is there anyway to load the
drivers pre-install such as with Linux installations?

Is there anyway to install using a kernel that has been compiled on a
system that is currently running?

Thanks for the help,

fault virtual address   =0xc5b8f000
fault code                      =supervisor write, page not present
instruction pointer     =0x8:0xc01b436
stack pointer           =0x10:0xd2c2dc9c
frame pointer           =0x10:0xd2c2dcb4
code segment            =base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                                =DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags                =interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         =1 (sysinstall)
interrupt mask          =net tty bio cam
trap number             =12