Date:      Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:00:09 +0300
From:      Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@wlansystems.com>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <netchild@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        hsu@bbnetworks.net, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/39260: [sound] neomagic: pcm0 locks on boot, Compaq Presario 1920

--------------060306010701090605060108

Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> Synopsis: [sound] neomagic: pcm0 locks on boot, Compaq Presario 1920
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: netchild
> State-Changed-When: Sun Sep 11 09:54:50 GMT 2005
> State-Changed-Why:
> Does this still apply to 5.[34] or -current?

It still applied to 5.* from a sup a month ago.  Locks up solid like
before.  I have not tried 6.*.  I can test it if I can get hold of a
bootable cd with neomagic driver in, however, it seems to be the same
driver in both 5.* and 6, and there has been no real changes for ages.

I might have at some point been able to get sound work by telling some
very old version of FreeBSD that the sound card is something else,
probably soundblaster, however I have not been able to find the kernel
configuration for that setup.  That was probably at least 4 years ago.
That would probably mean that the problem is neomagic driver specific.

I would prefer to test with 5.* environment, the computer is installed
in my car and the access to it is a bit complicated, in particular
getting bootable cd drive in a wedge installed, it does not know how to
boot from USB drives.

--------------060306010701090605060108--