Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 2002 22:09:12 -0700
From:      Sean LeBlanc <seanleblanc@americanisp.net>
To:        James Satterfield <James@uberduper.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Do any of the 1.4.x jdks work reasonably well?

On 12-07 15:29, James Satterfield wrote:
> I've tried the sun and blackdown jdk14 ports on -stable and had no
> success in running even the demos that come with the jdk. Is this a just
> me problem or do those jdks just not work?

FWIW, I can run jedit (4.0final). I just upgraded to current via the 5.0 DP2
ISO - I haven't even recompiled the kernel yet.

bash-2.05a$ which java
/usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.1/bin/java

bash-2.05a$ java -version
java version "1.4.1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1-b21)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.1-b21, mixed mode)

I haven't tried the demos, but I would think jedit is pretty good at running
a lot of Java through the paces.

Cheers,

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc@americanisp.net