Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 2003 13:49:26 +0200
From:      Simon Barner <barner@in.tum.de>
To:        Andrew Leikand <brian@bee-s.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can get no STABLE

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

> Hello all,

Hi,

>  well, the first problem i got is lsof wont work.

The best solution is to compile lsof from source.It's in the ports
collection.

> I got the message "lsof: WARNING: compiled for FreeBSD release 4.3-RELEAS=
E; this is 4.8-STABLE."
>  Then I tried to to cvsup and rebuild world. The file i used is /usr/shar=
e/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile
> and tag is RELENG_4. After a few hours i got 4.9-PRERELEASE :(
> Next time i used RELENG_4_8 tag and got 4.8-RELEASE-p4 :((
> =20
>  Could you prompt me what's wrong with lsof and how can i get STABLE now ?

Since 4.9-RELEASE is approaching, the source tree has been frozen and
-STABLE is called -PRERELEASE in the meantime. Just use RELENG_4...

Simon

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv--