Date:      Fri, 08 Oct 2004 18:41:11 +0200
From:      Alex de Kruijff <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        David Jenkins <david.jenkins@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Network setup

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 02:31:01PM +0200, Svein Halvor Halvorsen wrote:

> [David Jenkins, 2004-10-08]
> :
> >  I *think* you might need to setup a network bridge.
> >
> >  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/filtering-bridges/index.html
> >
> >  Hope this helps.
>

> This seems to be *exactly* what I'm looking for!
> Thanks!

You can combine this with the port ipa if you like. Ipfw counts the
traffic but loses this at reboots or commands on the console. You can
setup rules for certain cases. Cut bandwith of users if they used to
much and such. If you use mrtg, then you could make graphs of this. I
have an example of all of this on my website.

--
Alex

Please copy the original recipients, otherwise I may not read your reply.
WWW: http://www.kruijff.org/alex/FreeBSD/