From:      Matt Rohrer <rohrer@hawaii.edu>
To:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can ping/traceroute, can't login/get web pages

On Sun, 23 Apr 2000, Trevor Johnson wrote:

> Perhaps you have time to try telnetting in without interrrupting it.

I've done so from several machines - it just seems to hang at:

	Trying xxx.xxx.xx.x...
	Connected to xxxxxxx.xxx.hawaii.edu.
	Escape character is '^]'.

> Was the server working properly in the past?  If so, maybe there's some
> runaway process that's using all its resources.
> --
> Trevor Johnson

The server was working just fine last night. I'm still in the process
of setting it up, so right now I'm the only one with access to all of
the accounts. I didn't have any jobs scheduled, and the only pages
up are static so I'm suspecting it may have been cracked (?). Thanks
for your help, I guess there's not much I can do until tomorrow.

-- Matt --