Date:      Sat, 28 Nov 1998 14:54:59 +0300
From:      Vladislav SAFRONOV <0824@08700000.mhs.rosmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to free(release) busy audio device? (after killing player)

 Hi,

 I have 2.2.7R and just installed a new pcm driver for my
 ess1688 sound card. Amp plays fine mp3 audio files, and
 when it was playing a mp3 file I hit ctrl-C and killed amp.
 Having killed amp I coundn't play any files using other
 mp3 players they all claimed "coudn't open : audio device is busy" :(
 only reboot helps.
 Well what should I do to release(free) audio device without
 reboot?

 Sincerely,
 Vlad Safronov.