Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 2003 00:28:03 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        "S.Gopinath" <sxg@tn.nic.in>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fw: your mail

"S.Gopinath" wrote:
> > $ foxplus
> > /usr/lib/foxplus/no87: 1: Syntax error: newline unexpected (expecting ")")
> > /usr/lib/foxplus/foxplus.pr: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting
> > ")")
> > $ file /usr/lib/foxplus/no87
> > /usr/lib/foxplus/no87: Microsoft a.out separate pure segmented
> word-swapped
> > V2.3 V3.0 286 small model executable Large Text Large Data
> > $ file /usr/lib/foxplus/foxplus.pr
> > /usr/lib/foxplus/foxplus.pr: Microsoft a.out separate pure segmented
> > word-swapped not-stripped V2.3 V3.0 386 small model executable not
> stripped

This is not a Microsoft Xenix binary, contrary to what "file"
claims.

This is an SCO Xenix binary.  It's not going to work unless you
make an execution class loader for the a.out magic number, add
the system call entry point mechanism for it, and then emulate
the system calls we don't support, and provide stub-calls for the
onces we do support, with appropriate translation of any manifest
constant values that differ between FreeBSD and Xenix.

Do you have a Xenix system with the developement kit?  This would
be a trivial project for someone who knew FreeBSD and had access
to a Xenix developement system.

-- Terry