Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 04:14:29 -0400
From:      Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Xwindows and Geforce

	Ok, I got the install part figured out (man, I need to do this stuff more
often, I'm way out of practice.) but I'm kinda back to square one.  I still
can't get Xwindows to play nicely with the Geforce card that the system
has.  It keeps killing the setup and freezing the computer when it goes to
try to restart the computer after the Xserver fails to start during a test
of the Xwindows system.  However it gets in and plays nice in the setup
screen.  It's not until it starts probing stuff that I get problems.  The
card is a GeForce2 GTS with 64m of DDR.  Anyone got any
recommendations?  I'm currently installing 4.6 release.

	I'd try a different card, but this is the one I'm stuck with using for
now.  So I gotta figure out how to get around this.

- The Raiden Knows

"Remember amateurs built the ark  -- professionals built the Titanic." -
Unknown

"Just when you think you have life figured out and all is going well, watch
your step, for you are about to fall." - Ancient Proverb