Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 17:45:38 -0500
From:      Admiral <admiral@channel1.com>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   CD-ROM doesn't get recognized by ver 3.3 install

Hi,

	Already probed the newsgroups on this.  One said there were
new floppy images that have the correct drivers for ATAPI CDROMs.  I
got the iso image of ver 4.0 from a friend (who has a nice fat pipe)
and that one worked and installed.  I, however got the 3.3 package
from Walnut Creek and would like to install that version to play
around with since 4.0 is not stable.  Does anyone know where I can get
these install floppy images?  Or is it possible to gin up a floppy
install using the 4.0 images.  I have a feeling that would be a
dangerous thing.

Thanks in advance

---

    *