Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 1996 15:02:26 +0100 (MET)
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.de>
To:        gmarco@scotty.masternet.it (Gianmarco Giovannelli)
Subject:   Re: Installation: still not perfect

Gianmarco Giovannelli writes:

> I have a copy of system soft cardwizard that I received with my Oyster
> Brahama, who need it ? I am lost in the chain of replies.... :-)

I do.

>>> I seem to recall that the 3c589 diagnostics have to be run _without_
>>> any Card Services drivers in place.
>
> Nope, My card 3com 3c589c isn't found without card services. When they are
> in, it is found the 3com setup software said to me it can change the
> parameter, but they will not work until card service is running...  Btw
> mine defaults settings were 0x300, irq 10.

That ties in with what I saw.

> I spoke with 3com tech support in Netherland, but they seem don't know
> anything else that windows 95 :-(

I was afraid of that.  I'll report if they ever call me back.

>> I'm looking for something for an AcerNote Light.  According to the
>> documentation, it's called CardWizard.  Anybody have it?
>
> I'll send you a copy of mine, any other persons need it ... It is to big
> (976kb zip file) to put it on the list, I suppose...

That's big for a .zip file of a floppy.  Or is it several?  Why not
ftp it to ftp://freefall.freebsd.org/pub/incoming/cardwizard.zip?
Alternatively, if you can give me an URL, I can pick it up.

Thanks in advance
Greg