Date:      Mon, 9 May 2005 10:14:17 +0200
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@freebsd.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jean-S=E9bastien_P=E9dron?= <jspedron@club-internet.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Support for Asus V6V in acpi_asus(4)

On 2005-05-05 22:31:15 (+0200), Jean-Sébastien Pédron <jspedron@club-internet.fr> wrote:
> Here[1] is a patch against today's acpi_asus.c (HEAD) to add support for
> Asus V6V.

Thanks :-)  I'll commit this soonish.

> Especially, the method to get the display state (.disp_get): at boot time,
> hw.acpi.asus.video_output contains out-of-range values, but after setting it
> to an acceptable value, it reports the last set number.

Would be interesting to know how out of range these values are and where they
come from.  Are the values also out of range when you load acpi_asus as a
module after booting?

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't Cc me, I am
philip@freebsd.org                               subscribed to the list.

  When working toward the solution of a problem,
  it always helps if you know the answer.
  Provided of course you know there is a problem.