Date:      Mon, 02 Aug 1999 10:51:58 -0400
From:      "Scott I. Remick" <scott@computeralt.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   sendmail no longer loggin (much)

Interesting... I've noticed that my sendmail hasn't been logging anything
but logfile turnovers to /var/log/maillog lately.  I can't think of
anything I might of done (but you never know).  Pouring over
/etc/syslog.conf doesn't seem to show anything out of order... maybe
someone has seen this before?

Here's my syslog.conf:

!popper
*.*                                             /var/log/popper.log
*.err;kern.debug;auth.notice;mail.crit          /dev/console
*.notice;kern.debug;lpr.info;news.err;mail.none /var/log/messages
mail.info                                       /var/log/maillog
lpr.info                                        /var/log/lpd-errs
cron.*                                          /var/cron/log
*.err                                           root
*.notice;news.err                               root
*.alert                                         root
*.emerg                                         *
local5.*                                        /var/log/ascend
# uncomment these if you're running inn
# news.crit                                     /var/log/news/news.crit
# news.err                                      /var/log/news/news.err
# news.notice                                   /var/log/news/news.notice
!startslip
*.*                                             /var/log/slip.log
!ftpd
*.*                                             /var/log/ftp.log

Any help is appreciated... thanks!