Date:      Sat, 19 Dec 1998 00:12:21 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tosha reports random errors after transition to CAM

Max Khon wrote in list.freebsd-scsi:
 > > That's really strange.  That file size is neither a multiple of
 > > 512 nor of 2352 (the "red book" sector size).
 > > Do those files contain correct audio data, or are they garbage
 > > (silence, white noise or whatever)?
 >
 > you forgot 44 bytes of .wav header

Well, I didn't know that you were using a "hacked" version
of tosha.  Of course, I can't provide support for that.
I'd recommend that you try tosha-current which contains
regular support for WAV (and other formats).

Can you answer my question about the file contents, please?

 > > You could try to checkout tosha-current, as I explained in the
 > > doubt that it has anything to do with your problem.
 >
 > where can i get it? (cvsup, ftp, anything else)

Please see http://www.fromme.com/tosha/

I have also tarred up the current source tree (as of the time
of this writing; this is not guaranteed to be up-to-date):
http://www.fromme.com/tosha-current.tar.gz

Note that the manual page hasn't been updated yet, but
"tosha -h" should get you going.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)