Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 19:03:10 -0800
From:      "Bob Cazzell" <bcazzell@rezn8.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Disk space gone

Okay, that took care of the / slice. Thanks!

Evidently someone decided to use this machine as an ftp server for their DVD
hacks, which leads me to the question, how do you turn off anonymous ftp and
secure it? /stand/sysinstall doesn't seem to do it.

Also, the new df looks like this:

Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/da0s1a    198399    26150   156378    14%    /
/dev/da0s1e   3629255   294446  3044469     9%    /usr
procfs              4        4        0   100%    /proc

What is the /proc slice, and what can I clear out of it to free space? Or is
that normal?

Again, any help or a pointer to the relevent docs would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob