Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 01:52:36 +1100
From:      Emmanuel Dwamena <dwamenae@gco.apana.org.au>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Help for FreeBSD Installation

Dear members,
I need help from someone who has installed FreeBSD using floppy disk and
an ftp connection to freebsd site. I have created the boot floppy disk
and been able to load and specify all the information required to setup
through an ftp site. My problem is how to dial to my ISP in order to
connnect to the ftp site of my choice. The installation program gives me
the option to connect to my ISP using an already PPP setup. I use the
Alt+F3 keys to switch to the PPP prompt. I then tried the 'dial' and the
'term' command in the PPP program. But there was no message sent to the
modem to dial.  I think I am using wrong parameters for the 'term' and
'dial' command under the ppp. Could anyone familiar with the first
installation through floppy disk and ftp connection via PPP give me some
help. Instruction as to how to use the 'term' command or the 'dial'
command under PPP will be very helpful. I am using IBM Compatible PC
with Netcomm modem (Hayes-compatible).
Thanks
Emmanuel