Date:      Mon, 03 Jun 1996 22:39:33 -0500
From:      joe <johnny@unix.asb.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.1.0

Help! I've installed FreeBSD 2.1.0 on a Pentium 100.
Everything seemed to install fine, but when I reboot almost
every command I give it replies with "not found". I
installed "bin" and "manpages" only. I cant even access the
manpages or format a floppy. Any help would be appreciated
as I've been through your documentation and havent found any
help there. Thanks

Some examples:

# man ls
man: not found

# fdformat -f 1440 fd0.1440
fdformat: not found

# dmesg | grep sio0
grep: not found

Also, in Linux I opened files with the vi editor. Does
FreeBSD have this? I get a "vi: not found" as well.