Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2000 03:35:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   vnconfig question

	Hi, I am trying to access an image that I made of a small hard
drive.  I made it pretty simply with dd if=/dev/ad1 of=file
I can get vnconfig working fine with an iso, but I try somethig similiar
with my image and I get this output and error:
tim# ls
maxtorbackup
tim# vnconfig vn0c ./maxtorbackup
tim# mount_msdos /dev/vn0c /mnt
mount_msdos: /dev/vn0c: Invalid argument

	The disk was msdos ver 6 and mounting it worked correctly so I
figured this would too.  I read the manpage and can't see where I am going
wrong.  Did I need certain options to dd when I made the image to get this
to work?  Help would be greatly appreciated.

					Tim