Date:      Sat, 7 Mar 1998 23:53:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jan Koum <jkb@best.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   stty and ppp questions

	Hi all,

	I am trying to setup a PPP server on one of the machines. It is
connected to the LAN with the ethernet and has ttyd1 as it's modem. (The
machine is 2.2.5-RELEASE)
	First problem I am running into is that stty changes baud settings
for ttyd1 to 9600 every time I connect to it. Here is what /etc/ttys has:
# grep ttyd1 /etc/ttys
ttyd1   "/usr/libexec/getty std.57600"  dialup  on  insecure
#ttyd1   "/usr/sbin/pppd -detach"       unknown on  insecure
#
	Main question I have is how can I save stty settings forever so it
will never change back to 9600?
	Another question is that after following man page for ijj-ppp on
how to setup incoming ppp connections (Method 1), I am running into
trouble where after ppp user quits, "ppp -direct" is still running and ppp
user still shows logged in. I guess if I make a label name that would time
out that could solve it, right? Thanks,

-- Yan