Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 22:54:54 +0300
From:      Boris Karnaukh <bk532@iname.com>
To:        "Nickolay A. Kritsky" <nkritsky@internethelp.ru>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPFW logging

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 04:08:14PM +0400, Nickolay A. Kritsky wrote:
>     Hi all!
>     I am puzzled with one little question: what logging facility does ipfw use and where should I patch it to make it log to some
> other log facility?

IPFW activity is logged by security logging facility and goes by default to /var/log/security. You can't change facility without patching ipfw source, but you can try to filter it's messages using syslog functionality using something like:

!ipfw
*.*		/var/log/ipfw.log

>     I am newbie to UNIX syslogd and have another question: can I add another one log facility in system?

You can use one of local[0-7] facilities. They are specifically reserved for end user use.

--
<Signed>
Boris Karnaukh 	(mailto:bk532@iname.com)