Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2007 21:24:43 -0400
From:      Steve Bertrand <iaccounts@ibctech.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: spammers harvesting emaill address from this list

...I will feed...

The solution to this problem is...if you don't like what you are into,
get yourself out of the situation.

Anyone who finds the information on this list non-informative enough to
complain about a few spam per week that make it through a spam filter,
then it isn't worth your time and you are on the wrong list.

I belong to ~40 mailing lists. They all see spam. The info I gain from
the lists is far more important. Well more than half of the lists
display the full address in the header. It's by design, and it has
always worked. I would not have it changed. Most MLM's have an option to
obscure/hide your address, as someone has already stated.

Seriously, the standard 'user' coming from Windows to FreeBSD should
never be expected to immediately be pushed into doing something for
themselves.

However, someone who decides to operate on a Road Runner cable
connection and relay their mail through a:

mail-03.name-services.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version:
6.0.3790.3959

...server, should immediately contact the person responsible for email
management and complain.......

Moreover, those who use an address like:

spam@a1poweruser.com

...as a technical and admin contact in the global WHOIS database for
their domain should reconsider complaining about anything.

Wow, I'd trust the fact that my abuse email would make it to a
responsible person.

We are all feeding the troll. The troll has not stated his name in any
of his emails. Is that you:

# whois a1poweruser.com | grep spam@a1poweruser.com

Whoever this is, has not replied in a while, at least under the original
email address. Can we leave well enough alone and get on with technical
stuff?

*sigh*

Steve