Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:59:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        kdk@daleco.biz (Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P.)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.2 & OpenOffice 1.1

> karnes@access4less.net wrote:
>
> >Error message trying to open soffice.cfg file???
> >
> >Tom Karnes
> >

> 3 possibilities come to mind:
>
> 1.  Location.
> 2.  Permissions.
> 3.  Existence.
>
> Perhaps
>
>     %find -name soffice.cfg -ls
>
>        will get you started on the case....
>
> HTH,
>
> Kevin Kinsey
> DaleCo, S.P.
>
> PS > I don't use OO, and have no idea about the error.
> A quick Google search reveals that it may be a folder
> and need to be created....

Yes.   I don't have the system with openoffice handy at the
moment so I can't tell you the whole path, but just go to
where you have OO installed .../conf I think and do:  'touch soffice.cfg'

Later, if you find some things you want in it, you can add it, but
for starters, empty is good enough.

There is also another file like that too (eg non-existant) that needs
to be created but empty is enough.  I don't remember the name right now.
It would help if their web page had some separate getting started
documentation.

////jerry