Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:07:02 -0300
From:      Renato Botelho <rbgarga@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADS UP] PHP mega-commit

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:54:33 +0200, Michael Nottebrock
<michaelnottebrock@gmx.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 July 2004 16:34, Patrick Oonk wrote:
> > Michael Nottebrock wrote:

> > > You need to rebuild your INDEX first.
> >
> > Ok, but why? It's the first time in 10 years I have to do this
> > on a box :)
>=20
> The INDEX distributed by cvsup has always lagged behind ports up to a wee=
k or
> two - if that never bit in conjunction with portinstall, you have been
> lucky :).
>=20
> Since recently, it is not being automatically updated via cvsup anymore a=
t all
> (starting in May, IIRC). You can either build it with make index/portsdb =
-U
> (directly after cvsup is a good time to do it), or fetch a pre-built INDE=
> (which might lag behind the actual ports-tree as it used to before though=
)
> with make fetchindex.

I=B4m using portindex (/usr/ports/sysutils/portindex), and I=B4m very happy=
 with it.

It makes inclremental changes on INDEX, I runa cvsup on crontab, and
after run portindex, this run very fast and mantain my INDEX always
updated.

Regargs,
--=20
Renato Botelho