Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 1996 09:58:50 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quota Bug on 2.2-ALPHA

I am running 2 Quantum Atlas 4GB Harddrives concatenated together to
a big 8GB virtual disk. I have enabled userquotas on this drive and used
edquota to configure it. This seems to work for a few days when suddenly
booting stops at the line "Checking quotas". You see the drive's LEDs
flickering for a while and then the machine seems to stop. However,
pressing CTRL-C works, and the normal boot procedure continues.
When looking in the root directory of the affected filesystems we find
that the quota file has grown extremly:

-rw-r-----   1 root     operator  4294967264 Dec  2 09:30 quota.user

It does not appear to occupy the space really.
Maybe someone can tell me what's going on here...

Thanks

Andre