Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 1996 15:15:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Ben Black <black@squid.gage.com>
Cc:        John Diggan <jdigg@comclas.comclas.com>, questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: VirtuslHost AND ppp

On Mon, 30 Dec 1996, Ben Black wrote:

> >yes, you can create ifconfig aliases on lo0, so long as those new
> >addresses are routed to your machine.
>
> ifconfig aliases are not required when using recent apache and (i think)
> netscape servers).  simple have the forward DNS entries all point to your ppp
> interface and add appropriate virtual server entries in your apache config
> files.

Which doesn't work with all browsers.  I know it works with v3.0 of MSIE
and NSNAV, which does count for a large percentage of our hits, but still
misses a large percentage.  What other browsers does it work with?  I'd
almost bet money that since this is an HTTP 1.1 feature, even the latest
AOL browser doesn't work with it.