Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:14:45 -0800
From:      "Scott Hilton" <kupek@earthlink.net>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems with IPFW patch

Greetings,

I'm running FreeBSD 4.2 and having some problems after applying the latest
IPFW patch. I'm getting the following errors when restarting FreeBSD:

ip_fw_ctl: empty interface name
ipfw: getsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid argument
ip_fw_ctl: dst range set but n_dst_p=0

These three messages repeat multiple times. My rc.firewall hasn't changed
since before I installed the ipfw patch, and the interface its trying to use
(rl0) is a valid interface. Anyone know whats up? I tried cvsupping and
build/install world, but nothing changed..

Scott