Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 07:38:05 -0000
From:      "Kjell" <kmidtset@c2i.net>
To:        jacob@vicyouth.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: php/apache/mysql incompatibility

> > Is it just me, or is it fairly bad for packages to be setup so that they
> > don't work together? Essentially anyone who wants to use php from packages
> > can't?
> >

> I can confirm (along with others, no doubt) that it's more than possible to run
> php / apache / mysql together and taken from the packages.
>

> What's the nature of your problem ?

I can second the above!
However, all since 4.1 you have had to load the packages one by one in
the following sequence to make it work:
1) PHP4 This will pull in the proper version of apache as a dependency,
and PHP4 will fail.
2) MySQL (use FTP as it is not on the 4.4 disc 1)
3) PHP4 which will now succeed.
gl from Kjell