Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 21:25:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      mll@cotse.com
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Confusing install info

Hello,

I am stumped on a part of the install info for FreeBSD.

I have an older Compac pc I am trying to install the software on. It will
not allow the install from the CD.

In the instructions there is:"Write the image files to the floppy disks.
The image files, such as kern.flp, are not regular files you copy to the
disk."

How do I write an image file that is over 2.4 meg onto a 1.44 meg floppy?

I can't copy the boot.flp onto a floppy as it is over 2.4 meg.

Any assistance is a appreciated.

Mitch Labuda