Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 18:00:49 -0500
From:      Ben WIlliams <williamsl@Home.Com>
To:        John Michelini <mick3@ibm.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Using FDISK and FIPS

                                                    Friday, January 21, 2000
   No. FIPS will create a second (third, fourth, +1 of however many
partitions you already have definded) partition on your drive. You MUST
defrag your current fs BEFORE running FIPS or you will LOOSE the data at the
end of the partition.

   That's the beauty of FIPS. The ability to create another partiton on your
drive without having to use fdisk and delete existing partitions.

--
 Ben                                      mailto:williamsl@Home.Com