Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 1996 15:07:23 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        "Francis Percival C. Favoreal" <june@adn.edu.ph>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: modems connected to BOCA 8-ports not responding

Hi,

I have been watching this thread for awhile and have never seen
the issue of flow-control considered.  You mentioned (I think)
that it works on sio1 (ie standard port).  The BOCA 8 port
board DOES NOT have full flow-control.  Specifically it only
provides CTS/RTS.  There is no DTR/DSR or Data Carrier Detect.
Could you be hanging on this?  I've often wondered whether
it is possible to set up a modem for autoanswer/getty with the
BOCA 8 port board (as I own one myself), but have never tried...

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD