Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:49:38 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vnconfig question

* Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu> [20001208 11:39]: writing on the subject 'vnconfig question'
=>
=>	Hi, I am trying to access an image that I made of a small hard
=>drive.  I made it pretty simply with dd if=/dev/ad1 of=file
=>I can get vnconfig working fine with an iso, but I try somethig similiar
=>with my image and I get this output and error:
=>tim# ls
=>maxtorbackup
=>tim# vnconfig vn0c ./maxtorbackup
=>tim# mount_msdos /dev/vn0c /mnt
=>mount_msdos: /dev/vn0c: Invalid argument
=>
=>	The disk was msdos ver 6 and mounting it worked correctly so I
=>figured this would too.  I read the manpage and can't see where I am going
=>wrong.  Did I need certain options to dd when I made the image to get this
=>to work?  Help would be greatly appreciated.

I think that that being an iso image you cannot mount it as an msdos file
systems. I am not sure though but from what I did with dd, I wrote a
floppy image to filename.bin and it worked fine.
Someone else might have a better idea
I've always gone this way with an ISO image....and I thought filename.bin
is more of an iso image

=>
=>					Tim
=>
=>
=>
=>To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
=>with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke 5th Flr Furaha Plaza

A leading authority is someone lucky who guessed right.