Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 14:41:41 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
To:        Jeremiah Gowdy <jgowdy@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: smp

> > Or it's a Windows user who was told what to fix, mistook what was
> > said, searched the web for SMP, hit www.freebsd.org saw the -questions
> > link, and decided to do just that... ask a question. There is no reason
> > not to be nice to them. Simply point them to the right direction, if they
> > continue to harrass you from that point, then it's open season.
>
> And you honestly believe that this AOL kid has a dual Pentium III 650
> running Windows 98 ?  And that he found his way here so he could post his
> question 3 times over ?  I doubt it in the extreme.

	Maybe it just the tech support person in me who believes that a
normal user says the wrong thing meaning something else, so that I have to
figure out what they're really talking about. Besides, the orginal address
belongs to a teenage girl. (19-21 or so to judge by her web page,) who
also according to her page dosen't look like she knows much about
computers. I believe this was merely an accidental post. Even if it was
malicious, (and it's a pretty stupid thing to try,) it seems to have
succeeded in riling at least a few people around here.
	Either way, WE (The FreeBSD community,) need to be polite to every
one... no matter who they are. Who knows your alleged script kiddie may
someday become a potential member of the Core Team who single handedly
wrote code that made FreeBSD the only operating system to use. But... he
went over to Microsoft because you were impolite to him and has a bad
taste in his mouth. Anyways, it's a moot point. Customer has been
helped... at least by some.

					Rick