Date:      Fri, 05 Jan 2001 08:13:23 -0500
From:      Martin Randall <marrandy@chaossolutions.org>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@freeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem with asus P5A-B and FreeBSD's v4.0, 4.1 and 4.2from CD's

Hello Jeremy

On 05-Jan-01, you wrote:

> I can't specifically say there is an issue with the P5A-B and FreeBSD
> 4.x because I've been running it on a P5A-B with various speed Pentium
> I's (no AMD's yet) and a Mitsumi 40X IDE as the secondary master and
> have never had a problem.

Darn it...what is going on. It's the same on a second Asus P5A-B but with a
500MHz AMD. The rest of the hardware is identical.

O.K. Jeremy, what is your BIOS version ?

Regards...Martin
--

1) It's a lot more work than it looks.
2) You can't bluff your way through it.
3) You don't want to have to look at the manual in the middle of it.
4) A bad 50 minutes can send you into therapy.
5) You don't realize how little you know about it until you've actually
   done it once.
 -- Why Teaching is like Having Sex