Date:      Mon, 27 Jul 1998 19:09:05 +1000
From:      Guy <guy@lisp.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Network Cards

Hi,
I have just re-installed freebsd, and my network card is not working
correctly (which it was prior to the re-install), the only difference
being that i added a scsi card and 2 scsi hard drives. None of which are
using irq ,dma, or ports which are used by other peripherals. I have set
it up correctly in the kernal configuration, to its correct settings
(irq 10 port 0x6000), but on boot (when the system is setting the
default gateway )i get the msg ed0: Device timeout. On the next line
after this i get - ed1: NIC Memory corrupt - inv alid packet length 64..
I have only the one network card. Another strange thing is that ed1 does
not appear in the kernel configuration, although it is present in the
network configuration in /stand/sysinstall. I have been looking
everywhere for what is causing this problem but to no avail. So if
anyone can help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Guy Coble