Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:07:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rob <drifter@stratos.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   kppp fails, but pppd picks up the pieces...

     Has anyone successfullly run kppp under FreeBSD using the ppp daemon.
I have pppd properly setup (it works fine on the command line), but when
I try to run kppp under KDE 1.0, it properly dials my ISP, the chat
script sends the right information, but after "Authenticating the Network"
or somesuch, it immediately hangs up and reports a "the ppp daemon died
unexpectedly!."
     Strangely, the /real/ pppd apparently then takes over, dials the ISP
and establishes a properly connection, leaving the kppp error dialog standing
sheapishly there.

     I searched the KDE archives and bug reporting list, but no problems
of the nature I described could be found. Furthermore, none of the
bug reports involved someone using FreeBSD.
     I then tried searching the FreeBSD archives for the past two days
and got this:

     None of the archives you requested () are available at this time.
               [That doesn't look right ^^^]

     Please try again later, or return to the search page and select
     a different archive.

     I did /specifically/ check off the questions box and used to
/proper/ search and submit box, yet there is nothing in the ()??

     Does this sound familiar to anybody?  Has anyone gotten this to
run under KDE and FreeBSD?

     Any help would be appreciated...

     -Rob