Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 10:17:04 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftp timeouts

While doing webpage development, I often work from a Windows machine, I
enter a dos prompt and run ftp. I usually get a file, shell out of ftp
using the msdos editor to edit said file, then re-upload the file.
Example:

c:\temp
ftp -i ftp3
<login/pass entered, motd viewed>
ftp> get xyz.cgi
ftp> ! edit xyz.cgi
<run MS-Dos Editor, make changes/etc, close editor>
ftp>put xyz.cgi

The problem is, that ftp often times out before I leave the editor, and
I'm forced to re-login and get back to where I was.
	My question is, is it somehow possible to change the idle timeout of
ftpd, (using FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE)? If so, how?

--
Nathan Vidican
webmaster@wmptl.com