Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:39:32 -0500
From:      "Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Shoutcast, Icecast ...?? Opinions, please...

Looking for a viable alternative to Real Network$ ($$$$)
for streaming audio to a group of 300-500 users (max)
who will probably NEVER be listening at the same
time.  Anybody run these servers?  What are pros
and cons in your opinion?

TIA,

Kevin Kinsey

PS> My opinion:  Not sure.  Either requires winamp, or
something even a little more obscure,  for Windoze,
and most of those lusers only have RealPlayer anyway.
So, it basically comes down to stabillity and security,
as well as operation issues.  That's why I'm asking
for anyone who's using it now to speak up.  I would
definitely appreciate any responses....