From:      "Tomasz Luchowski" <zuntum@lagoon.freebsd.org.pl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        reason@exotrope.net
Subject:   Re: mount problem

> Greetings!
>
> When attempting to boot the FreeBSD 2.2.5 kernel I get the following error
> message.
>
> "Specified device does not match mounted device"
Looks like your boot device doesn't match device you've mounted
on /. Maybe you made some mistakes when creating
partitions/slices, so you may try to use "auto partitioning" or
something similar (in the installer - /stand/sysinstall . On go into
3.x branch, which is currently more popular.

--
## zuntum <zuntum@lagoon.freebsd.org.pl> ;; zuntum@IRCnet    ##
## Homepage -- http://lagoon.freebsd.org.pl/~zuntum          ##