Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2000 19:58:28 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Jan Knepper <jan@smartsoft.cc>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Which linuxdist is closest to FreeBSD?

Jan Knepper writes:
> Mike Meyer wrote:
> > Jan Knepper writes:
> > You might
> > try checking with the emulators list (I'm not sure of the exact
> > address) to see if anyone has done anything with Btrieve before.
> Where about would I find that!?

How about <URL: http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/eresources.html >,
which lists all the freebsd-sponsered mail lists?

> I checked FreeBSD.org and also did a global search on the web...
> There wasn't much...

Did you try clicking on the item on the front page that says "Mailing
lists"? But it's freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org.

> > Personally, I'm about to emark on trying to convince a Linux DTP
> > package to run on FreeBSD.
> Cool!
> Which one?

Adobe has released a beta of Framemaker for Linux. I've been cursing
them for years for not doing that. If it doesn't work on FreeBSD, I'll
install Linux on a second system to use it, rather than use the
Windows version.

	<mike