Date:      Fri, 06 May 2005 11:01:18 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        jshamlet@comcast.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is the best use for this stuff?

--On Thursday, May 05, 2005 10:18:43 PM +0000 jshamlet@comcast.net wrote:

> I would like to trim down to just (!) 5 machines, and either donate or
> sell the rest. Anyone have any ideas on the best way, using the above
> parts, to do that? Obviously, I plan to keep the fastest processors, best
> mainboards, etc - but I'd like to know how others would divvy up these
> parts.

I can't help you with the first part, but many charities will take old
computer equipment, even inoperable equipment.  They recondition some, sell
others for scrap, etc., but they will take *anything* that you don't want.
I've been giving away all my old computer stuff that way for a while.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member