Date:      Thu, 25 May 2000 12:24:52 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, Chuck Paterson <cp@bsdi.com>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Short summary

In message <75460.959225901@localhost> "Jordan K. Hubbard" writes:
: with -current in the past and nobody had too much difficultly with the
: concept provided that we ANNOUNCED it well in advance and told the
: cvsuppers to basically turn their cron jobs off or elect not to try
: and build the world until the tree was declared safe again.

There has been precident in the past for doing this.  Certain parts of
the system have even been broken for periods of time.  So long as this
period of time is going to be on the order of one month or less (which
in reality means it might stretch to two or three months), I think it
is acceptible.

Warner