Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 12:57:39 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: test it up your nose

On Mon, Jun 15, 1998 at 06:55:45PM -0700, Tim Gerchmez wrote:

> Chill out, Sue... :-)  That wasn't delicate at all.  And maybe nobody wants
> to read your letter telling him to stop posting test messages any more than
> reading his test message.  This should have gone to him personally and not
> to the list, IMO.

OK, it was over the top with reason. A bit of explanation. It was
addressed to the _several_ people who have already posted test messages,
and the several hundred who are about to say "gee, that looks like a good
idea, I'll try it myself, just one..."

As for my statement about being slammed here being better than elsewhere,
here's what FreeBSD's postmaster looks like in other lists when he's
being more delicate than me:

	please, never use any list but freebsd-test for test messages.
	if you use any of the regular lists, you may be removed from
	the FreeBSD mailing lists.

As far as I can tell none of the newbies who posted test messages here
have been removed from all FreeBSD lists, yet. Nor had anyone pointed to
the rules which everyone is assumed to have read, yet. The type of
reaction you might get from regular list members in other lists would
make my earlier tirade sound like a mother's kiss.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-