Date:      Sat, 2 Sep 2006 16:45:27 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Keith Phipps" <keith.phipps@gmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sparkling Brand New FreeBSD Admin

Keith,

  You don't compile PHP into the kernel.  Let this be your first lesson,
namely that nobody but another admin really understands your job,
so get used to the old "smile and nod" routine.  When talking to your
bosses, what you need to do is find out what the RESULTS are that
they want, do not let them get sidetracked into discussing with you the
pros and cons of each little piece of software that you use.

  Secondly, document, document. document.

Ted