Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:02:15 +0200
From:      "Aitor San Juan" <asanjuan@bolsabilbao.es>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Default file creation permissions

Thanks for your reply, Gerard.

As you can see, the log file is not created from within the shell =
script. It's created as the redirection of the output, so your =
suggestion implies modifying the shell script source code. That script =
calls some other scripts too and imports other scripts which define some =
predefined common functions with common behaviour among all the shell =
scripts developed. This means that is this case the backup script is =
called by CRON but there's also the possibility of invoking it manually =
(for example in the need of a backup out of the normal scheduled time). =
When invoked manually, the results are shown in the screen to the =
user... You know, the script is not isolated, it's part of a bigger =
infrastructure behinf the scene, hidden to some users which may invoke =
batch script from within menus (with no command line access).

I'd like to find another solution, having to modify the shell script in =
the last resort.

Thanks in advance.