Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:51:05 -0400
From:      "ro0t" <root@unixhideout.com>
To:        "Jeff Jirsa" <jeff@boris.st.hmc.edu>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: I hate to bring it up again (spamming)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Jirsa [mailto:jeff@boris.st.hmc.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 4:46 PM
To: ro0t

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, ro0t wrote:

> Then why dont you explain to the list why you are still talking. All i
know
> is i joined this list to help people, and im getting sent viruses, and
spam
> for some loser with nothing better to do then mail people who dont want
it..
> Does anyone on this list want those emails and viruses sent to there
email?
> please speak now?

The person isn't sending you viruses on purpose, he's infected, and
probably doesn't even know what's going on. Attacking them is
probably going to hurt him more than it's going to help everyone else. The
virus is easy to spot (Fw: <some gay subject> ) and it doesn't even
infect Outlook users until it's clicked.

Ignore it, or send an email telling the person how dumb they are, but
there's no reason to try to attack it.

- Jeff

Well like i said, i thought at first it was someone being a real idiot.
Which i have no sympathy for. Then the last guy who emailed us enlightened
me and made me think further of how he could be the victim also. It makes
much sense. Im not attacking anyone. I just was upset because everything
that is a good thing nowadays seems to get ruined by a ten year old with too
much time on his hands. Anyhow im done discussing this its bull*hit. Anybody
need help on _FreeBSD_ =] And i apologize for jumping the gun, without fully
thinking out the situation.