Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:33:23 +0100
From:      Manuel Enrique Garcia Cuesta <megarcia@intercom.es>
To:        Bill Baker <bilker@msn.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: questions

	Bill,

=== Bill Baker escribia
(Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 02:13:05AM -0500):

> I learned of FreeBSD in a chat room and went to your site
> to learn more, as I am fairly new(6 months) to computers.
> Can you please tell me what BSD is and why I should or
> should not use it? Thank you for your time.     Bill Baker

	What FreeBSD is is perfectly well explained in the
web site you have visited. But of course, if you don't
know the basics then it will be hard for you to grasp the
concepts presented there. There are docs for beginners there
though, please try to find and read them. If I were to give
a short answer to your second question I would say that you
should use FreeBSD if you really want to learn what computers
and computer science is. Not that it's the only choice, it's
not; I just mean to discard Windows and Microsoft stuff in
general (boy don't I sound biased ).

	Good luck

					Manuel García