Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 01:09:20 -0800
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        Alex Obradovic <alex@montenegro.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: natd with class B and class C IP's

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 09:52:11AM -0800, Alex Obradovic wrote:
> Do I need to include subnet masks in natd.conf in order to allow redirection
> of ports from the Internet (class C) to the internal class B network?
>
> I used to have FreeBSD box work perfectly with internal C class network.
> After the company switched to B class network, I reconfigured the "internal"
> NIC, and natd.conf file to reflect new IP addresses. NATD still allows
> transparent access to the internet, however redirection of the Internet
> requests to internal machines (redirect_port) does not work any longer.
>
> I checked the firewall settings and it is wide open.
>
> Any suggestions?

Very few things care about Class A, B, and C nets anymore. Some
commands default to the correct netmask for their class if not
explictly given a mask (e.g. ifconfig(8)). Hard to say what your
trouble might be. It'd be a lot easier if you showed us your
natd.conf, rc.conf, rc.firewall, and other relavent configuration
files.