Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 1999 20:02:47 +0200
From:      Alex Shnitman <alexsh@hectic.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tunneling w/ FreeBSD & Linux: Solution

--Pd0ReVV5GZGQvF3a

Hi,

FWIW, here's the solution I found to the problem of FreeBSD &
Linux-compatible IPIP tunneling. Ruslan (thanks!) pointed me to
nos-tun, and it indeed does that, except that I had to change the IP
protocol number it uses from 94 to 4 in the source and recompile it.
After that it works flawlessly. Perhaps the protocol number needs to
be made configurable? Should I submit a patch to make it a
command-line option? (I.e. will it be accepted or I shouldn't bother)?

--=20
Alex Shnitman                            | http://www.debian.org
alexsh@hectic.net, alexsh@linux.org.il   +----------------------- =20
http://alexsh.hectic.net    UIN 188956    PGP key on web page
       E1 F2 7B 6C A0 31 80 28  63 B8 02 BA 65 C7 8B BA

Linux and other Open Source advocates are making a progressively more
credible argument that Open Source software is at least as robust --
if not more -- than commercial alternatives. The Internet provides an
ideal, high-visibility showcase for the Open Source world.
	-- Internal Microsoft memo

--Pd0ReVV5GZGQvF3a

--Pd0ReVV5GZGQvF3a--