Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:05:15 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@bryden.apana.org.au>
To:        "Andrew Forgue" <aforgue@agitated.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Installworld Problem.

I've been getting that "Error 1" from ports ever since I moved to 4.2. For
what its worth the problem was made considerably worse when I installed
CVSUP. Similarly to the situation you have reported, there isn't enough
information provided to help figure out exactly where the problem is ....
I'm guessing its some sort of timeout though.